The Liebster Award

Okay in all honesty, I don't really know what this award is, but it seemed fun so I'm gonna do it! Here are the rules I guess you could call them;

1. answer the questions of the person who nominated you 
2. create 11 new questions 
3. nominate 11 bloggers 

First thought: I don't know 11 bloggers, I read 11 plus blogs, but most of them I don't know the people and that would just be creepy haha, but I'll answer the questions! Megan Engler, my first roommate up in BYU-Idaho nominated me, check her out at The Snow Diaries

Here are my questions;

1. what is your blog about?


LIFE! I took a vow never to do OOTD’s, tell everyone where I got my clothes, and promote any products or any of that! Not like I have anything against those blogs, I love them, but that’s just not why I made my blog! I don’t see and keep up with many of the people in my life mainly just cause everyone gets busy with life, and I live on the opposite side of the country from most of my peeps, and this is an easy way I can keep my family and friends included in my life. I know I read my friends blogs to feel included in their lives! Makes me feel like we are chatting over lunch!

2. what is one defining feature unique to you?


Uhhhhh this is like when you start in a new class and they ask you one thing about you and you stand up so awkwardly and say something stupid like you like to snowboard (that was always my go to answer even though I haven’t gone since I was like 15, it made me sound cool okay!) Anyways, I have no idea…. I’m really good at pinterest? But who’s not? I suck at cooking, baking, working, school, haha none really my specialty. Okay I was really really good at school until I went to college and all my motivation went somewhere and has yet to be found! Oh I know! I am really good at cleaning? Haha but only when I want to. When I get into the right mood, not a speck of dust will be found after I’m done.

3. what is your dream vacation destination?


Oh this is easy. GREECE. Always has been, always will be. One day I’ll get there.


4. who inspires you?


For those of you who are LDS you would know her, but those of you who aren’t, it doesn’t matter cause she is just an all around inspirational person, very empowering. Sister Elaine S. Dalton. Here are some of her quotes that stick out to me, but do yourself a favor and look up some of her speeches, you will leave feeling like you can conquer anything.



5. where do you shop the most?


Wal-mart, haha just kidding! Food lion, its like Frys or Smiths for you Arizona/Utah folks, but that is grocery shopping and I’m pretty sure this is asking about clothes! I’m the biggest cheapo you’ll ever meet, I refuse to pay over $20 for just about anything, especially shoes, I think they’re the biggest waste of money! But anyways, I mostly shop at Forever21 but it’s making me mad how expensive they’re getting lately, so Charlotte Russe has some good deals, also have you guys heard of cotton on? There’s only one like 5 hours from me, but I seriously am in love, all their stuff is so cheap and so cute! Asos is a hit or miss cause some of their shirts are like $80 and then some are $20? I don’t get it but hey, I’ll take the cheap ones! For you preggos out there, their maternity stuff is to die for!

6. what is your favorite picture? and why?


Sooooo cheesy but of course it’s one of my wedding photos! I cheated and there are two photos! But they go hand in hand. Its of Michael getting his “first look” at me and then us hugging, the first hug of our wedding day! Ahhh! Still gets me giddy! You can just see it in his face how happy he is, mine had a smile that looked the same! I love the whole “first look” thing cause its so symbolic, it’s the first moment marking the rest of your life! Michael’s face shows perfectly how we were feeling about that!




7. what is your favorite outdoor activity?


Ugh I have been craving going camping for like 2 weeks now and of course this question is asked! I love camping, I grew up going to the sand dunes pretty much every weekend with my family. I’m not a huge hiker, my body doesn’t have that kind of strength, but I love seeing the beauty hikes have to offer!


8. what has been your biggest life achievement?


Now this question makes me feel like a failure, I haven’t done much! But I am going to twist this question just a little bit and say what I am most proud of in my life: married my husband. Seriously he makes me more ME, he gives 110% to others and making sure I am happy, he is determined and motivated with a good head on his shoulders. He makes my life better than anything I could have imagined, and I am VERY PROUD to be married to him, if you couldn’t tell.


9. who is your person? {who do you call at 3AM? who can you count on always? who knows you the best? and who do you know the best?


Alyssa Troyenek, she’s my person and I probably just spelt her last name wrong right there, whoops, it’s a hard one! We met my sophomore year of high school in seminary, and then magically pretty much always had seminary together until graduation, she didn’t like me at first, but isn’t that how all great relationships start? She was my maid of honor, and will forever be my best friend. She is so caring and empathetic; she has more will than anyone I have ever met, and more motivation! She does things that I would rather be shot than go through, but she does it for betterment for herself and her future, which I greatly admire. She’s hilarious, we spend hours laughing with each other, and she’s basically my third sister.

10. what is your favorite thing to blog about?


Current events, but that’s pretty much all I blog about! I also love when I find a really good quote I just can’t help but share it with the world and express the impact it had on me, I used to do that more often than I do now, I should do it more.

11. why did you start a blog?


I started a blog as a new years resolution in 2013 when I was on my way from Arizona to Idaho to start college, I wanted to journal my experiences, but we all know how that works out, write 6 entries and then stache your journal somewhere you won’t find for another 2 years until you go back and read about all the stuff that was so important to you then that doesn’t even matter now, wishing you kept writing cause it would be entertaining to read. Yeah so I figured journaling wasn’t my best bet, but my blog I can’t stache anywhere, it won’t hid from me! So that was that! Also it turned into updating all my friends and family that would text me and wanting the lowdown of what was happening up at college, and I found myself repeating story after story, so I started putting them on my blog, and telling people “go read my blog!” so much easier! Now I’ve really continued because as fore mentioned I live so far away from family and friends but this time in my life is so exciting and full of change I want to make sure everyone knows what is going on! That totally sounds selfish but I know my grandma appreciates it! 

Comments

Post a Comment