5 MONTHS



WHEN THE HECK DID MY TINY TINY BABY TURN 5 FREAKIN MONTHS?! I seriously feel like I left the hospital with her tiny sweet body like last week!


Size (Diapers, Onesies, Etc.): All 0-3 and actually I still put her in her newborn leggings haha they just fit as capri’s now:) size 2 diapers

Eyes:  Still the prettiest blue!

Hair:  Coming in! You can see the long stringy leftovers from her newborn hair, and underneath it is a fuzzy layer of new hair coming in! Gets lighter every day! I don’t think she will be blonde but very light brown!

Sleeping: We officially have a crib sleeper! The transition went smoother than I thought! We started out putting her on a pillow in her crib so that she was still inclined a little bit cause that’s what she is used to! Then after a couple weeks we took the pillow out so she is completely flat in her crib! Yay! She is still swaddled for all of her naps and sleeping, I think I’m going to try the zippadee zip to transistion her out soon! I’ve heard nothing but good things! She goes to sleep at about 7-7:30, wakes up around 5-6am to eat, and then sleeps through to about 8-9 am! Her “awake” time in between naps is about 1.5-2 hours before she’s totally ready for a nap again!

Eating:  Exclusively breastfed! She eats every 1.5 to 2 hours…sometimes less. Because of what seems like her never ending hunger we decided to go ahead and start her on baby food this week! We started with bananas and now are feeding her sweet potatoes! She LOVED the bananas! The sweet potatoes she’s a little more hesitant on but still likes them and still eats a lot! Hopefully it helps her little belly stay full a little longer!  

Milestones: 
  • Rolls over from back to tummy
  • Rolls over from tummy to back
  • Belly laughs
  • First solid food


Loves:
  • Her exersaucer
  • She has one specific crab toy that lights up and she loves it!
  • Mirrors
  • Standing up
  • Sitting in her bumbo
  • Mogley! She just watches him all day long and loves touching his fur
  • Being outside
  • The grass
  • Music
  • Bananas
  • Other babies and other kids


Hates
  • Strangers! She like talking and smiling with them from my arms but as soon as I start to hand her over to them she starts to tense up, shakes, and starts to cry! Looks like she may be a shy child like mommy was!
  • When mommy walks out of the room she is in!
  • Being tired.
  • The bottle.
  • The car-but she put her self to sleep 4 times this past week! This is HUGE!!! Normally she just cries and cries no matter how long the car ride is (4+ hours), but FOUR times this week she’s cried for 5-10 minutes and then falls asleep! Lets hope and pray and cross our fingers that she’s learning to relax and enjoy car rides!!

Comments

  1. Love that she hates strangers lol! Olivia HATES strangers!!! She's attached to my hip! My hubby was gone a week and when he held her when he got home she cried! It cracks me up she's so dramatic & brady was never that way! He loves strangers! I don't know what's worse haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, she is such a sweetie! I love, love those cute pants and shoes! Gah. Dying. Time has flown by! Give me a baby, please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment