Shared Girls Room

 Woah! Hey guys, I still have this blog! 2017 has been a year for the books that's for sure!! Life just got so busy, I really don't have the time to blog anymore! I wish I did, and I miss it! I keep meaning to do some bump date posts on here because I know I'll regret not doing so!! Soon!!

We moved to Utah in March and have been loving every second of it here! This move has been amazing for our family and I can say with full confidence that this is where we are supposed to be! Our new house is just a rental that has 3 bedrooms! That means that with the new baby, the girls need to share! Which is great! I've always wanted them to share but could never force myself to be brave enough to pull the trigger! Getting pregnant was just the push I needed! And turns out, I was afraid for no reason! The transition went perfectly, like they had been sleeping together their whole lives! We just stuck to our normal bedtime routines and made sure the white noise machine was on!

Shortly after putting them together in the same room, I knew I needed to get rid of Milan's twin bed. Their room is so small, having a full sized twin and a crib in there left almost no room for playing. I instantly fell in love withe the Jenny Lind Toddler bed from DaVinci baby! It was exactly what I had dreamt up of in my head! I decided to just get 2 off the bat instead of going back and getting Phoebe a matching one later! I was super brave and decided to try to switch phoebe to a toddler bed! At 19 months! This was the same age we moved Milan (although we had too, she knew how to climb out and couldn't be stopped!) I was mostly motivated by my OCD of really wanting their beds to match! Phoebe really did great! If she had been in her own room, it would have been a seamless transition! However, because they are in the same room, she just bugged Milan too much before falling asleep in her own bed. Milan is a deep sleeper but I would watch Phoebe on the monitor crawling all over Milan, pulling her hair, kicking her, etc. She did this for about 20-30 minutes, sometimes more, every night before falling asleep in her own bed. We decided to be fair to poor Milan, we would put phoebe back in her crib! She also sleeps in longer when in her crib! And then she decided to pull a fast one on us and the first day she as back in her crib, she magically knew how to climb out now!! What!?! So mattress on the floor it goes! I hated pulling out her cute matching bed, but sometimes (more like all of the times) with parenting, functionality always wins, and in this case, that means a crib with a mattress on the floor!


Our main focus piece is obviously the wallpaper from yours truly! My company Shop B Darling! Like I mentioned before, we are in a rental! Renter friendly wallpaper that is removed in under 10 minutes with no damage! 

I am obsessed with their name signs above their cribs from The Trendy Timber! They really put the finishing touch on the room and Milan reads them off to me every chance she gets! 

Other links: Listed under photos!! 








Book baskets: World Market
Hardware bar: IKEA
S hooks: Ikea 
Stay Sweet My Babies print set: Nook and Niche
Bed comforter: Target 
 

Crib: Ikea (style discontinued) 



Cube storage: Ikea
Wicker baskets: Ikea 
Pink basket: (discontinued but available in other colors) Ikea


House shelves: Target
Toy bin: Ikea Hack with Bookshelf and Legs  

This toy bin isn't actually meant to be a toy bin, it's a bit of a hack! I used construction silicone to attach the leg unit to what should be the back of the bookshelf, but super glue or wood glue would do the job! I just had some silicone on hand already!! It was a much cheaper alternative to many similar toy bins out there! 

Comments