Engag-aversary

Written one year ago:

"Monday July 1st: Michael told me that he got the unfortunate 24 hour shift guarding the armory room...or something, and that he wasn't allowed to use his phone the whole time.
Tuesday July 2nd:
12:30- Michaels 24 hours was up and I was texting him like a crazy person. 24 hours was 24 hours toooooo long. He needed "sleep" so I agreed to let him sleep until 5:30 when I was done with classes.
3:00-Tyson(my brother) arrives in Idaho, something we've been planning for over a month! We go to lunch and hang out until I go to class.
5:30- I'm done with class. Time to wake Michael up. I figured I would do it once I got back to my apartment. I go to meet Tyson, Maddie [his friend that came with], Elisa [my roommate & bestie] in the Gardens, which is like a really pretty courtyard we have here on campus. 
When I meet up with them they're just chilling taking pics, nothing unusual cause Tyson is a photographer, & suggest that me and elisa take a few pics, and then just me. I'm a super awkward model and didn't want to be up in front. With direction of the photographer to "spread my legs" I pulled a seductive pose trying to be funny. While "spreading my legs" out of the corner of my eye I see the most handsome man I've ever laid eyes on. He was wearing very fitted black slacks, a button up and a black skinny tie. Basically lingerie to my eyes. My body went into complete and total shock. This isn't happening. I was just texting him. He is asleep in North Carolina. No no no. In fact I went into such deep shock that a screamed, turned the other way, and ran. I guess that was my way of collecting myself. When he came and grabbed me, hugged me, and kissed me, that's when I could feel it become real. I had dreamt about this every night for two months straight and it was actually here, he was in front of me. At this point I still didn't have a clue that he was planning on proposing. Until he did the single most attractive thing a guy could do, got down on one knee and said "Whitney, will you marry me?" All of this he had to say over my screaming and shaking. I was shaking like a little scared chihuahua. Of course I said yes and had to lean in for another kiss.

 It was a weird feeling that the BEAUTIFUL perfect ring that he picked out without my help was on MY finger, where it was going to stay forever.


 It was a weird feeling that my body was actually there. His body was actually there. That whole day I would find myself reaching to him just to touch him and make sure that this was real.  

We went back to my apartment to celebrate with my roommates, and I tried to call as many family members as possible to share the news. Of course the moment my mom answered the phone I broke out into a mixture of bawling and laughing. 

This past week has been full of complete and total bliss. I feel like a princess 24/7. I feel like no matter what anyone does or says, my happiness isn't going anywhere, because I have this amazing ring on my finger and my FIANCÉ sitting next to me. Doesn't get much better. If this is what engaged life is going to be like, I can't wait to see what marriage life will be like. "



Marriage is even better than I could have ever imagined. He completes me, I don't feel myself without him. I am reminded how blessed I am that he chose me to be his wife over and over daily. I can not wait to raise our baby with this man, if he treats her anything like he treats me; she's a lucky little lady. 

Comments