PREGNANCY MUST HAVES


As I approach the end of this pregnancy I’ve been reflecting a lot and came up with a list of things that are my “pregnancy must haves” everyone has them and they’re all different. Notice I do not have a pregnancy pillow on there! Shocker! Everyone swears by those but I just couldn’t justify spending that money and my sleep has been pretty good-I just sleep with a pillow between my legs! This post is kinda boring but oh well- this is all part of me wanted to document as much about my pregnancy as possible…and after all, this is MY blog:)
  • Coconut oil// this whole trend ain’t no joke. This stuff is amazing! I currently use it as a face moisturizer and a belly moisturizer. Pregnancy has made my skin incredibly dry and for the first little bit I had red eczema-like patches all over my face. No face lotion was enough or it made me break out, this stuff is perfect and leaves my skin so soft! I am also using this to keep as many stretch marks away as possible. My first trimester I couldn’t STAND the smell so I used organic vitamin e oil and that worked great too-but it turned all my undershirts and sheets yellow…boo! To this point I do not have any (new) stretch marks and yes my mom and sister and just about every other woman in my family had them so I know they’re in my genetics. Even if I did get stretch marks I would still use this because it leaves my skin so soft and keeps all the itching away!
  • Leggings// pregnancy no brainer. I bought one pair of maternity pants from h&m but honestly who wants to wear jeans in the summer? Way to thick and constricting! Plus this southern/eastern humidity ain’t playin’ around! The looser & thinner the clothes the better! I practically live in leggings!
  • Ovia Pregnancy app// the same day I found out I was pregnant I immediately Pinterested all the must have apps and downloaded all 27 on the market! As time has progressed I’ve weaned out the ones I don’t really use. This one is by far my favorite! It makes it so easy to track weight, sleep, diet and so on! There is a list of medications and what category they are for pregnancy women (safe, sometimes safe, never) . You can search by what symptom you’re experiencing and it will tell you what causes it and what you can do to help. And of course it has daily tips/articles and the weekly changes happening with baby! It’s the best!
  • Welch’s fruit snacks// I’ve always been a slave to food-when my body decides it’s hungry-it means NOW or else it will basically eat me and make me faint. Its real awesome-not! These are perfect to keep in my purse while I’m out and I start to get light headed or weak I can tell my sugar levels are too low they work as the perfect pick me up to last me until my next meal!
  • Zantac// I wish I could say this has taken my heartburn 100% away- but unfortunately nothing has! But this has been the best so far! It’s slowly becoming less effective as I get closer to my due date-but it’s been a lifesaver for quite some time!
  • Water bottle// THIS. If I can’t live without one single item it would be this. I was not a water drinker before pregnancy-I’m not exaggerating when I say I would go probably a week in between drinks of water. I know terrible. I was a milk drinker. But it is super important to stay crazy hydrated while pregnant and this water bottle has helped me so much and has turned me into a huge advocate for water! I probably go through at least 6 of these a day! Water keeps my headaches manageable, swelling almost non-existent, my skin hydrated, and the baby loves it! She always moves the most right after I finish drinking it! This I think is one huge reason I haven’t had any stretch marks so far! 
  • Swing dress// again I didn’t buy any maternity but I bought a couple “swing dresses” that have been my saving grace. They put zero pressure on the belly and keep air moving everywhere so they’re perfect for summer pregnancies when we are trying to avoid clothes at all costs haha-these are pretty much it! I also feel the absolute best when I get ready and feel cute-always been that way-these are a stylist way to still be comfy but feel put together and boost my preggo confidence!

Comments

  1. Coconut oil is a must! And the water bottle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your pregnancy must-haves are amazing! I have to remember that list for gift ideas. I have three friends who are expecting right now. Hahaha! Anyway, your baby is absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for sharing those must haves! All the best to you!

    Willie Strickland @ Alexander Cosmetic Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  3. A week in between drinks of water? It's great you realized that it's not exactly a good idea to do that. Pregnant women aren't just nourishing their bodies, but their child's as well, so it is important to stay hydrated and keep yourself healthy throughout the pregnancy. Take care!

    Judith Harvey @ Aquaperfect Bottled Water & Vending

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment