Cliché Marriage Post

So of course me attending school at the ever so famous BYU-Idaho, or as they call it BYU-I do, I have to throw a marriage post in here somewhere right? You'll all forgive me? K good. 

To no surprise Successful Marriage is one of my required courses here and one that I'm currently taking. For the most part it is just a constant torture for an hour every mon/wed/& fridays, rubbing it in my face that not only do I not have a husband, but nor do I have a fiancé. So when everyone else is sharing their sweet insights from their relationship experience, I just sit there thinking about what I am going to eat later...
but every once in a while I get something out of it.

I thought if I of all people could get something out of this, then I am obligated to share it with the rest of you.
  1. Your body is not just yours. It is a gift for your husband. I promise it is worth waiting to unwrap together. 
  2. The movies lie. Passion is not a contorted exercise on a marble staircase, it's doing the dishes together and lying in bed with your feet touching at the end of a long day.
  3. Marriage is an act of courage, commitment & sacrifice. It is also the most fun you will ever have with your best friend.
  4. A strong man is never threatened by a strong woman.
  5. Your man should love God more than he loves you.
Anyone and everyone who knows me knows how obsessed I am with weddings and all of that stuff. If I could I would get married over and over and over. I wish I could be a wedding planner just cause I love how happy they make everyone feel.
Love is a good thing, and good things take time. Good things come to those who wait. I have to keep telling myself that:)

Cheesy enough for you all? I hope:) 
Goodnight.

Comments