ONE WEEK


I can’t believe my little baby girl is one week old today! It feels like she’s always been here but at the same time I feel like I just met her for the first time! So much has happened this past week!

My mom was able to come down and be here for the birth and first couple days, and thank goodness for that! She was a total lifesaver!

We got discharged from the hospital on Friday and have been adjusting ever since! Things are going really really good! Milan is a CHAMP at breastfeeding-the nurses kept saying how impressed they were-definitely made me proud:) mama on the other hand is still getting the hang of breastfeeding! All has gone pretty easy but I’m still trying to figure out how to nurse with clothes on and without showing my whole boobie haha! My nipples were really really sore and tender but already each feeding session is less and less painful! Also I feel like as soon as I am done with one nursing session I have to start getting ready for the next feeding! That is honestly what is keeping me from going out-I have no idea how to do it in public!

I almost feel back to my normal self! I did end up getting stitches and those made it really hard to walk around the first couple days-but they are healing up really nicely!

Guys! I have the easiest baby! She is sleeping so well! Already put herself on a little schedule! She goes to sleep around 7:30 and wakes up at 10, 2,5, and 8! It’s magical and probably won’t last but I’m enjoying it while I can! She doesn’t like when she has to go to the bathroom…that wakes her up! And she also doesn’t like sleeping in her moses basket! We haven’t tried too hard honestly cause it isn’t that big of a deal right now, but she sleeps like a rock in her mamaroo! That thing I tell ya-lifesaver!

We have our third doctor’s appointment tomorrow and I’m hoping she is back up to her birth weight! We had to go in to get weight checked twice already because she was losing a little more than my pediatrician wanted, she got to 5 pounds 12 ounces but as of Monday she was back up to 6 pounds 3 ounces! Yay!! She’s such a tiny little thing! I was expecting a bigger baby and hardly bought any newborn clothes! Even the ones I did by drown that little birdie! But we love it!


All in all we are more in love than we thought possible and our hearts are so full! I ant to thank everyone for all the calls, texts, messages, and comments congragulating us! I wish I could respond to every single one! They mean so much!! We are feeling the love for sure!

First bath!! She loved it! 
Nothing sweeter than morning stretches from a baby! 
Mogely has been the best big brother! He is doing so good!

Comments