Dear to my heart


So here is just a little random post to take a break from all the stress of school! This is a quote I found on Pinterest that I just fell in love with as soon as I read it and with no surprise it was said by President Uchdorf, the man. 

Let me just rant for a minute about all the many reasons I love this quote.

The first part: Holding Grudges
I have not always been the best at this, and not all of us are. But if we really stop to think about it what good does holding onto negative thoughts about someone or something do for us? NOTHING. Nothing but make us a bitter person. & I don't know about you but that's not what I want. 

The second part: Judging Others
Again, I am certainly not a perfect example of this. So many instances in my life my judgement has later been proven wrong. Do not let your first impressions or what you hear through the grape vine about people affect your long lasting idea of someone. Some of my best best friends through out the years I would have never guessed. We all walk a different path and have different hardships that shape the type of person we become or how we react towards certain things, so unless you know all of who you are judging, you can't judge, you do not have the full picture. 

Part three: Hating/ Wanting to Cause Harm
All growing up I was punished more for using the word "hate" than if I hit my brother or disobeyed my mom. I never really understood why until recently. Hate is such a strong & hurtful word, a word that has zero good connotation, nothing good will come for either party involved with hate. Once you release your hate toward someone it is literally taking that burden away from weighing down your happiness. Even worse than hating is wishing some sort of torture on someone. To hate someone so much to wish that they were less than you is exactly like satan, hating us so much that he is wanting to bring us down with him.

Part four: Withholding Forgiveness 
Oh my goodness where do I start on this? Forgiveness is my all time favorite thing to think about. Although it has not always been this way. I used to not be able to see why I should have to forgive someone for something they clearly knew was wrong and I did not want to be involved with them anymore? Then certain events happened in my life to make me realize forgivness is NOT for the other person, but for ME. How selfish but true. Forgiving someone does in fact relieve the burden of guilt from the other person, but even more so relieves ME from having to constanly feel sorrow about something and like said before, holding that grudge. When you forgive you leave more room in your heart to love. 

Part Five: Gossiping/Ridiculing 
Gossiping goes back to judging others, no matter what sort of gossiping is being done, judgements are occurring, whether it be good or bad. Ridiculing is a sign of a inner self doubt being wished upon others. 

This is just me reiterating that no matter how hard you try you can not control what life throws at you. What you CAN control is how you react to it and how much you let it affect your life. Our emotions and thoughts become behaviors, so be happy and love everyone and that will reflect in the type of person you become. 


Comments