Life as a Journey

Recently in church I was listening to the comments shared by everyone and today one specifically stuck out to me. And you do not have to be a member of the LDS faith for this to apply to your life.

"Life is not about the destination, it's about the journey."
I thought wow, how profound is that. I think so often in life we can get so caught up in what we are working towards that we tend to overlook the blessing of the present.

Especially in my life right now,  I mean I am a college student. I just spent the last four years of my life saying "Gosh, I just can't wait to graduate high school and go to college!" Then sooner than I could have thought, there that day was, Graduation. Looking back, so many great great memories were made while I was in high school, but I didn't realize just how great they were until they were past.

Now in college it seems like I am always saying, "I can't wait to get married!" or "I just want to be done with school." When really I need to take more time and focus on the here and now. It only happens once right?

Here's my one cliché saying for the day, YOLO. You Only Live Once, along those lines, were only young once. I have the rest of my life to be married or working or be a mom, why not take advantage of the times that I have now to just be a single young girl doing stupid stuff with my roommates, or going to crazy parties, cause the time will come when those things will end.

Someone showed me this video one time and I immediately fell in love. This truly shows how great and magnificent the little things in life are, and just how easy they are to take advantage of. 


Hope is not a bad thing. And hope for the future is certainly a good thing, it is when we are always hoping for something better or something else, where we loose our gratefulness for the little things in life.

I know I have countless blessings in life and things that I forget to be thankful for everyday, we all have things to be thankful for, and there's always more to found in the little things in life.



Comments